Tree pruning can be done for many different reasons, but the most important one among them is safety. By using proper pruning techniques, your tree will get strong roots, which can withstand any kind of climate. The branches of trees which hang over the roof of the house or brush its wall should be immediately removed. To increase visibility on roads, those branches which are present near a street or crossing should be trimmed properly too. Those trees which have dead branches should also be targeted for pruning. Tree pruning also helps in giving a proper shape to the tree and increases the production of fruits.
Pruning is a special technique which requires certain tools and proper skills. You will require tools like:
- Rope saw: This type of saw can trim the branches of the tree from the ground.
- Pole pruner: A substitute of the ladder used with an extension pole to trim the branches safely.
- Buck saw: This is a lightweight and portable saw.
You also have to be careful about the cleanliness of the tools as they can transmit various diseases among trees. If you don’t like to go through these hassles, then you can simply hire tree pruning and tree removal services for getting professional help.
Choosing the right service
If you are thinking of getting any kind of professional help, please don’t go for just anyone with a saw. You will get some tips here for helping you choose the service that fits best.
- Always compare: Before going for any service, always compare their customer reviews and ratings. Go with the A-grade company. You might also get a good discount for using them.
- Check the expertise: Be sure that the company you are choosing is properly equipped with tools and certifications to do your job.
- Decide: You have to be sure what kind of service you want. Do you want to remove only a few branches or the whole tree? Lower hanging limbs can help the squirrel to get their house in your attic or during a storm can cause heavy damage to your house. So they should get higher priority.
- Don’t wait: If you have dead or old trees then don’t wait for the situation to get worse. Take care of the situation as fast as possible to save you unnecessary cost.
- Ask for insurance: Always ask your company to cover all the damage or any kind of injuries during their work.
- Proper disposal: Consult about the way waste will be handled and also be sure about who will dispose off the waste.
- Certified arborist: Try to choose those companies which have a certified arborist in their team. They will help you to deal with the different diseases that the trees of your yard can face.
- Plan properly: You should plan properly with your contractor about the access detail and the trees that need to be worked on.
- Contract: Before any starting any work, make a fully outlined contract including all the terms and conditions of the project.
Winter is the best time for the pruning process because of the minimum loss of sap. Trees don’t get stressed in winter and insects also become inactive to cause infection. So what are you waiting for now? Find a professional contractor and get a healthy and well-shaped yard for yourself.